This is the first Christmas I've spent with my family in years...seriously I can't remember the last time we were all together for Christmas. I'm trying not to build it up as a huge deal but I'm beyond excited and somewhat emotional about it. We rarely "did" Christmas growing up but when we did it was special. To be honest I thought we were going to skip it this year. I didn't feel like celebrating however my mother swooped in and somehow pushed me into the Christmas spirit.
These are a few of my favorite family Christmas Traditions:
1. A non-traditional meal- We never have a traditional meal for Christmas. On the menu this year is gumbo and lamb. One year we had BBQ. We've also had salmon be the star of the holiday dinner.
2. Hanging out in pjs- It probably will not happen this year (there are a lot more men in the family) but the last Christmas I remember my mom, sister, and I staying in our pajamas all day watching movies and...
3. Playing board games- We're a very competitive family. The board game competition is fierce and not to be taken lightly. This year my mom purchased the super fancy collector's edition of Clue, which just happens to be my favorite board game. It's about to go down.
4. Christmas Eve service- I'm not a huge church goer but Christmas Eve service at my church is magical. The candles are lit, everyone is dressed up, the choir is fantastic, the band is playing their hearts out, and the sermon is short but meaningful. I cry every time.
5. Holiday Sex- like Birthday sex but more naughty.
6. Holiday music- When my sister and I were kids we would wake up to oldies playing on the record player. Even though the record player is still in storage, there will be music including this Ceelo song I'm obsessed with...
What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most?